AI in LMS: Why Incorporating AI in Learning Management Systems is Crucial?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been impacting our everyday lives for quite some time now. When you search for something on the Internet, the recommendations you see on your device is a crucial example of how AI reflects our lives today. AI is the mainstay of user experience now, especially because of it’s ability to provide personalized user experiences. And that’s what learning management systems need. AI in LMS can potentially add value to your learning and development process through improved personalization.
Before we dive deeper into the benefits of an AI LMS, let’s see what an AI LMS is?
An AI LMS is an automation tool that provides a personalized learning experience to its users. It can curate or suggest new course formats based on the learner’s needs, course history, and preferences. Compared to a regular LMs what AI-based LMS can provide you are:
- An enhanced learning process with user-centered design
- Improved online learning
- Interactive gamification features
- Improved business transparency and intelligence
- Smooth onboarding
- Content accessibility and efficiency
- Customized and unique learning opportunities
- Real-time assistance, smart hints, and tasks checks
- Track and report training data
AI is about automating tasks that usually need human interference. When you have a lot of everyday tasks involved in your employee training procedures, AI in a learning management system takes it off your table through automation.
You can concentrate on primary business functions while AI-based LMS takes care of content administration, tagging learning content, transforming learning content into required languages, suggesting courses based on learners’ course history, tracking employee progress, and so on!
How to Utilize AI in E-learning?
What we discussed above is just scratching the surface. If you want to dive deep into revolutionizing e-learning with AI-powered LMS, you could start with implementing AI authoring tools that speed up the content creation process, adding chatbots to the e-learning mix, bringing in virtual tutors to online learning, simplifying assessment and grading of e-learning and above all, making e-learning always adaptive. Here are a few tips to utilize AI in e-learning:
1. Customized Learning: In a regular LMS, you cannot interpret the learner data like course history, learner preferences, and training progress. But an AI-powered LMS can make course suggestions, learning materials, and other data-driven suggestions using machine learning algorithms. It can gauge your employees’ knowledge and interests right from the beginning stages to make a personalized and relevant learning experience.
2. Adaptive Learning: AI-based learning management system is adaptive in terms of mentoring, plugging knowledge gaps, and giving recommendations, ultimately improving learner engagement. AI in LMS can ascertain the learners’ weak points, constantly assess learners’ performance, and help them progress with their learning experience. Adaptive learning is dynamic enough to accommodate different difficulty levels and provide extra support if needed.
3. Intelligent Assessment: Assessing your employees’ learning progress is one of the most painstaking tasks. But with AI in your learning management system can effortlessly grade complex assessments by understanding the objective and solutions behind it. AI can detect plagiarism and similarities between various assessments using NLP algorithms. It assists in giving fast responses and feedback and takes assessment-related weight off your shoulders.
4. Data Analytics and Insights: AI algorithms infused in the LMS platform can collect, analyze and interpret meaningful information from huge volumes of your employees’ training data. This de-stress instructors, mentors, managers, and other stakeholders in quickly identifying knowledge gaps, forecast learner performance, and redesigning courses to match the needs of your individuals, teams, departments, or even the organization.
5. Chatbots and Virtual Assistants: If you have a globally distributed workforce, addressing the learning issues round-the-clock is out of the question! This is where chatbots take up the role. Bots can assist your employees in addressing their concerns especially during the initial stages, eliminating the need for a human mentor. You need not exit the LMS application and search for answers in search engines; you can seek answers directly within the LMS.
6. Natural Language Processing (NLP): NLP-enabled cognitive computing in your AI-based LMS collects, analyzes, and interprets data. It combines machine learning and deep learning to interpret emotions behind LMS content like humans. It can translate speech to text, translate learning content, and voice commands and analyze text inside the LMS thus replacing the need for a mentor at any given point of time.
7. Content Curation: AI has the capability to examine and curate each piece of content it comes across. This way your employees will be supplied with informed suggestions. When the AI algorithm notices any content inapplicable to your employee’s learning path, it eliminates and replaces that content with the one that is relevant, engaging, and personalized. The AI-based LMS can curate the nature and design of the content based on the results derived in the past.
8. Predictive Analytics: You need to ensure that the right data collection mechanism is set up at your workplace. By understanding learning patterns, employee engagement levels, and previously produced data you can understand each employee’s learning levels and address them. This will translate into your enterprising efforts to improve retention and productivity rates.
The Future of AI in E-learning
As modern organizations seem to be more into an adaptive learning model, you can be sure that AI in e-learning is here to stay.
Even though there might be a need for combined efforts of creative, cognitive, and emotional intelligence, the best results can be procured only when AI and human capabilities are combined together.
The innovations and findings that will shape the e-learning industry with the power of AI look promising. However, it is important that your prospective users have brief information about the AI technology beforehand.
As already said, emotion, cognizance, and creativity remain the core of AI-powered learning experience because, on the flip side, there are some things that only humans can bring to the table that AI technology cannot alone!
In this journey where technology and humans merge together to make learning easier for your employee, we are making one more step simple for you- your hunt for an AI-powered LMS.
How can Skill Lake leverage AI technology to make L&D process easier and smarter? Let’s find out!
How Skill Lake Helps to Leverage AI for E-learning
Skill Lake has an AI/ML-powered LMS platform that offers personalization to level up your employee engagement by analyzing and interpreting collected data.
Through data collection and analysis, it can:
- Track your employees’ previous performance to identify the lack of skills and recommend precise learning materials based on the findings.
- Assist your learners and address their queries while connecting from anywhere, anytime, and from any device with a real-time virtual tutor.
- Automate the monotonous admin’s tasks like grouping, grading, and knowledge assessments among others thus saving company resources.
Feels like a perfect fit for your organization? Experience Skill Lake and its unique way of leveraging AI technology. Contact us right now!
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today