Flipped Learning: Benefits and Challenges [Guide]
A teaching approach that endorses the notion of ‘activity before lecture’! This might sound outlandish, but flipped learning helps you understand the concepts your trainer shares better since you already went through its activities first.
Flipped instructions flow from a group learning space to an individual learning space. This approach is advantageous in creating an energetic and interactive learning environment where trainers guide trainees as they practice concepts and engage creatively in various courses.
What do you think led to the instigation of such training approaches?
The challenges in the corporate world have necessitated different learning approaches, like flipped learning. Some such corporate training challenges include:
- Change management
- Building leadership qualities
- Learner engagement
- Constant deliverance of training
- Track the application level of various skills
- Conflict management abilities
- Demonstrating value to leadership
- Measure corporate learning effectiveness
- Providing training to a varied audience
Yes, pitching the right approach for user engagement and keeping your employees’ focus on training materials is important and so is engaging your employees through smart corporate training approaches.
- Get involved and apply what they learned in real-life scenarios
- Retain more information
- Become better at work by improving their performance
- Benefit your business through better ROI
Can the flipped learning model be the right answer for enhancing corporate training? Let’s dive more into the concept of flipped learning…
What are the Benefits of Flipped Learning in Your E-learning Corporate?
When we say about adopting flipped learning, we are not simply talking about adopting a new fad. Your company can genuinely benefit from it, and some of the benefits it offers include:
1. Active learning and engagement: Direct instruction from the trainers ensures the involvement of your employees, making them capable of independently handling their tasks through a variety of content like internet-based simulations and other engaging materials that direct your employees to synthesize information on their own.
2. Flexibility and customization: A good LMS leveraging flipped learning will allow easy third-party integration with other enterprise applications that your company is already using. Also, such corporate training platforms cater to your company’s specific business needs through easily customizable features.
3. Improved retention and application: The flipped learning content can be made available at your employees’ convenience. Making learning available at their fingertips and understanding the inside out of various concepts and technologies anytime they want makes them confident in what they do. Their application level knowledge improves, and you can retain your employees for longer periods.
4. Enhanced collaboration and communication: Flipped learning embraces intensive hands-on collaborative activities by involving your people irrespective of their team, department, or location. Flipped learning activities in your company with a proper LMS in place represent a cross-section of your company’s professionals with enhanced collaboration and communication channels like trainee-led courses, hands-on practices, and trainer-trainee conferencing among others.
5. Cost-effective and scalable: The economics of flipping is one other advantage of flipped learning- it saves the logistical costs involved like traveling, or getting trainers and trainees together all the time, especially if you have a large or dispersed workforce. Furthermore, when your business is scaling, this approach can too!
What are the Areas to Implement Flipped Learning in Corporate Training?
Remote working has made the dependency of your workforce on freshly brewed or curated content much larger. A motivated professional learner can become the top performer through flipped corporate classroom teachings delivered digitally.
Surely, flipped learning merged with an LMS can transfer information through customized and engaging content. It can back and reinstate skills development and peer collaboration in the best way possible. These factors comprise the foundation of the corporate training model. You can be sure that your employees are equipped with the tangible skills and knowledge needed to be acquired through:
- Sales team enablement
- Customer service and support training
- Compliance and regulatory training
- Leadership and management development
- Technical, software, and hardware training
- Onboarding and orientation of new hires
- Remote workforce training
- Support education
- Retain employee knowledge and more!
Best Practices to Implement Flipped Learning in Corporate Training
If you are running a company with diverse employees, then flipped learning is your first ‘go-to’. Flipped learning is not as easy as a pie. This is why we have a put list of a few best practices to start off on the right foot:
1. Strategize, Plan, and Prepare
If you plan to flip all the training modules, don’t do it just yet. Start with the modules that are related to hands-on skills. Flipping the complex learning materials first is also apposite as it develops the employees’ skills through properly guided practices.
2. Technology and Platform Selection
To ensure that your employees get all the benefits flipped learning offers, you need to choose the right technology and a corporate training platform selection such as screen and video recorder, interactive quizzes and polling capabilities, AI-powered captioning tools, secure and shared video libraries, and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
3. Content Creation and Curation
For some organizations, curation can be just an add-on and not an important focus in the content design process. It is better if your courses are the knowledgeable ones translated by the subject matter experts. When such new content is designed and approved, next you need next is a set of follow-up resources and activities. If the core learning program content is missing any important essence, there is always an option to curate the content in the shadow of the main content.
4. Delivery and Facilitation
Deliver engaging online content and make it more interesting through innovative approaches like videos, quizzes, AR/VR technology-supported content, searching for resources, podcast interviews with subject matter experts, and so on. Promote active preparation by giving them awards and recognitions through gamified learning approaches.
5. Evaluation and Feedback
Compare the data you collected during the implementation phase with the resultant data to analyze the strengths and weak points of flipped learning in your organization. Make the necessary modifications to your flipped learning model, activities, and strategies to improve its effectiveness. Do not forget to consider the perspectives and feedback of your employees and other stakeholders.
The Future of Flipped Learning in Corporate Training
E-learning corporates using flipped training have better chances of improving the perspectives if thinking, working, and learning of their employees. Why is flipped training regarded as the next corporate training model trend by most companies? The answer is simple- it can leverage technologies to present information at the time when you need it!
Long gone are the days when employees used to remember the details about their products and the troubleshooting steps Instead, today we have content-delivering systems that support the performance of your employees.
When you choose the right technologies that go with the flipped learning model, you are supplying your employees with opportunities for growth and innovation, introducing and integrating with cutting-edge technologies, collaborating and sharing knowledge among organizations, understanding the importance of research and evaluation, and a lot more!
How can Skill Lake boost Flipped Learning in Corporate?
At Skill Lake, we merge various interesting training courses with engaging content making learning more enjoyable for your employees. Implementing flipped learning model can contribute to the productivity and improved efficiency of individuals, teams, departments, and therefore organization as a whole.
There are opportunities for your employees to upskill and reskill and doing so can be pivotal during your challenging times. Moreover what Skill Lake offers is the experience of a deeper level of learning through engaging training sessions advocating interactive and responsive approaches through features like:
- AR/VR learning
- Personalized learning
- Comprehensive learning
- Multiple learning delivery options
- Social and collaborative learning
- Instructor-led training
- Synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Mobility and a lot more!
Connect with us today and learn how Skill Lake can enhance your corporate training efficiencies.
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today