Debunking Five Popular Myths about Corporate eLearning
While the pandemic has accelerated the need to go remote and virtual, the digital revolution has caught up in a frenzy. Technology is reshaping the future of work across every aspect so much for today’s workforce to stay relevant, competent, and competitive. As a result, corporate learning and upskilling are an absolute must. Organizations worldwide are investing heavily in online training and development to reap the benefits of a digitally empowered workforce. Picture this: According to Business Wire, the corporate online training market is projected to increase by $38.09 billion between 2020 and 2024. A corporate eLearning survey for 2022 shows a positive growth trajectory for corporate eLearning, with the market expected to grow at a CAGR of 11% between 2020 and 2024.
Read more: Why Do Corporate LMS Training Practices Need To Go Beyond Traditional LMS?
Set against this background, several myths about online training and learning have also been doing the rounds. In this blog, let’s explore a few of them.
- Employees don’t engage with online learning: This is one of the biggest misconceptions about online learning, particularly within corporate contexts. For most organizations, virtual learning sessions are not a regular feature and are often seen as a luxury more than a necessity. However, with growing digitization paving the way for a hugely interconnected world, the need for professionals to upgrade their skills is a no-brainer. In that sense, online employee training is a total win-win given its ability to increase interactivity by incorporating digital tools such as multimedia and gamification. Employee productivity also scales up significantly with the introduction of corporate learning and development programs because they build a factor of trust and cordiality between employers and employees. Since online training brings at its fore benefits of learning anytime, anywhere, convenience increases a few notches higher, contributing to significant employee engagement.
- Online employee training and learning is expensive: Consider the costs of organizing a classroom training session. Preparation of training material, booking rooms, scheduling trainers, and relocating them across geographies are only the tip of the iceberg. However, replace this situation with a virtual classroom training session, and it’s given that the costs are cut down significantly besides increased efficiency. Even better is how virtual sessions are not too intrusive in the daily scheme of things and ensure high employee productivity. The bottom line is that an online training system minimizes several costs typically associated with in-person training, besides creating a lasting impact on following sustainable practices. Online employee training is the right step toward environmental sustainability by precluding the need to print and saving printing costs.
- Online courses have less efficacy than in-person training: Of all the training modes available for organizations today, eLearning is the most efficient. Known for being rapidly scalable, eLearning in corporate environments fosters collaboration, making way for enhanced team dynamics and creating a positive environment for growth and innovation. Given the flexibility it offers, employees can learn at their own pace and thereby make the entire experience effective and fun at the same time. Unlike classroom training, it offers a wide range of options, such as the ability to opt for self-paced courses, choose instructor-led courses, or choose a combination of the two to make the best of both worlds.
- Online learning needs high-end infrastructure capabilities: If anything, online learning has been the most hands-on to set up considering the technologically advanced times. Several open platforms make setting up the required infrastructure for eLearning a plug-and-play model that is also easy to upgrade in the longer run. The fact that most learning management systems (LMS) are built to offer a simple, seamless, and hassle-free user experience goes a long way in helping organizations.
- The results of online learning are hard to measure: If you think you can’t measure the value that online learning brings to the table, you are thoroughly mistaken. For example, let’s assume that your course objective is to increase employee productivity while cutting waste. Using parameters such as employee performance, progress tracking, and meeting business objectives are useful indicators to measure success. Topics such as mandating regulatory compliance or enterprise-wide safety rules are more easily measured. In contrast, others may require more time and analysis of data.
Read more: How Gamification Can Enhance The Impact Of Your Corporate Training
How Skill Lake cuts through the noise to be the best fit solution for your organizational training needs
Skill Lake, a robust LMS, is built with distinct features such as individual learning journey maps, content mashups, granular dashboards, etc. Moreover, since it can be run on private servers as well as set up on the cloud, it saves you a lot of hassle on the technology infrastructure front. What’s more – Skill Lake is built to deliver a comprehensive and integrated training experience that allows employees ample flexibility to learn anytime, anywhere. Designed to increase employee productivity, Skill Lake drives businesses to build an employee-centric learning culture. In addition, it promotes holistic learning by fostering collaborative learning and aiding organizations in meeting business objectives seamlessly.
Skill Lake offers interactive learning (live webinars), instant feedback (guided tests), self-paced learning, gamification, and other salient features. Skill Lake is your perfect partner for corporate online training and development, evolving every day to meet constantly changing learner needs. Knowing your spot to begin is half the battle won.
Take the next step and schedule a demo with us.
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today
Sachin works as a part of the digital marketing team at Skill Lake. He believes in a healthy and resourceful web and does his own little contributions for the purpose by creating and disseminating innovative and quality content