Why Do Corporate LMS Training Practices Need To Go Beyond Traditional LMS?
Traditional LMS although mildly effective is not capable enough of ensuring it appeals to the modern new-age employee. Even though learning has shifted online, it has not really gone beyond the confines of mere content consumption. This makes the learning process altogether a mere formality just valid on paper.
This was one of the primary reasons why the market needed a training platform like Skill Lake in the first place. Skill Lake seeks to bridge the gaps presented by the average run-of-the-mill LMS to give the learner a much more effective learning platform. We call it a people development platform, where the emphasis is to really keep the learner at a vantage point.
Limitations of Traditional Learning Systems
Although learning used to be conducted using traditional learning systems, the efficacy, and efficiency of those systems were always a big question mark. Most often, learners had a tough time keeping up with the pace and it was always a difficult proposition to ask the instructor to repeat portions of the topic which were hard to understand. This meant the knowledge retention was far below the expected level and there was no scope for personalization. Moreover, everyone was presumed to learn at the same pace, where on most occasions, slow learners were often left behind due to the inadequacy of the system.
The Need for Modern Learning Platforms
Traditionally, corporate learning systems had a classroom-based approach but this has evolved into online learning. However, the effectiveness of these LMS is still a big question mark. In such circumstances, there is a need to rethink creating a training platform that accommodates the immediate learning needs of the employee in an organization.
Within knowledge-driven or IT organizations navigating a dynamic business landscape, it becomes necessary to evolve training processes in line with the pertinent business needs. And Skill Lake presents a viable alternative where new training needs can be immediately fulfilled in accordance with the emerging business needs.
Companies need to think about offering holistic training to their employees that is not limited to functional skills alone. There needs to be an emphasis on improving the soft/ life skills of employees to make them an asset within the organization. Such an approach to learning not only creates engaged employees but also creates a trustworthy workforce who work for the company with a sense of belonging.
Now that you understand, the shift in approach. Let’s understand how Skill Lake offers a better training platform while accommodating the needs of a modern employee. Here we go:
- Goes Beyond Content Consumption : Most often, it is seen that even after completing training employees cannot translate the results of their training into their assigned job roles. With Skill Lake employees are given the learning environment where understanding and knowledge retention takes place at a rate that actually empowers them to do their jobs better. Each employee is assigned a mentor on the employee training software who is responsible for ensuring the learning process is tracked and monitored at periodic intervals. In such a scenario, where checks and balances are in place, learning happens with enhanced effectiveness.
- Learning with Accountability : Organizations with a training process in place, at most times, cannot do it with accountability. With Skill Lake – learning management system, it is no longer the case – leaders and managers are made responsible to ensure learning happens with accountability. This happens through competence development plans, actions, and specified timelines that ensure there is both clarity and visibility about learning throughout the organization. Management can be assured of complete visibility of workforce competency through Skill Lake which can be remedied through identifying gaps and taking action.
- Social & Collaborative Learning : On Skill Lake learners are equipped with features that both inspire and motivate peer-to-peer learning. In other words, learners on the platform are allowed to showcase their achievements in the form of badges and certificates. Learners are also encouraged to share their expertise on the learning management solution. Overall, it creates an atmosphere of learning throughout the organization without requiring the management to push through their efforts to make learning happen.
- Avenue for Personalized LearningIn a classroom-based approach, all learners are expected to learn at a pace set by the instructor. However, in an online learning platform, no one compels the learner to learn at a predetermined pace. Learners enjoy the freedom to catch up on their classes at a pace that suits them. Furthermore, learners have the privilege of being coached and mentored by senior employees or managers within Skill Lake to make learning all the more effective. There is even the feature called “Learning Plan” wherein mentors assign a set of courses customized to the needs and competence of the employee.
- Comprehensive Learning Features : Learning on Skill Lake is not tedious or boring rather it is designed keeping in mind the aspirations of the modern-day employee. With their exposure to social media and online games. Our learning platform has ensured that the element of gamification is included. This allows learners to earn “virtual rewards” when they reach a pertinent stage on the learning platform. Besides this, Skill Lake enhances awareness among employees about processes, SOPs, and practices through mandatory training.
- Allows Micro-Learning at Scale : It has been observed that learning happens more effectively when the learner is provided with a small amount of content within a specified time. Skill Lake takes this into consideration and offers learners microlearning at scale. All learners on the platform are provided with bite-sized learning content to ensure learning happens effectively with better knowledge retention. Every module on the learning platform has been designed in such a manner to ensure the learner is not overwhelmed with the training material; rather effort is to develop long-lasting relationships with learning to foster a learning-centric culture.
Given the multitude of learning platforms available in the market, it becomes imperative that organizations select platforms that bring better ROI and business growth. Incidentally, Skill Lake is a platform that shines on both these fronts. In today’s competitive market environment where your ability to pivot with the prevailing market conditions determines your success. Here Skill Lake can serve your business cause the best.
Skill Lake is a modern and state of the art learning platform that makes it easier for businesses to carry out training in line with the business needs, Moreover, the ultimate beneficiary of a learning platform are the learners who are equipped with a progressive learning platform that offers both convenience and better knowledge accumulation, Making them both better employees and human beings.
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today