The Essential Guide to Choosing the Best LMS Software for your Organization
Organizations often struggle to ensure that their employees receive sufficient and right training. Corporations can streamline training by introducing online learning management systems into their formal structure, borrowing a page from the modern educator’s playbook. Employers can use LMSs to condense training resources into an easily accessible system that tracks the employee training process throughout the learning cycle and use learning evaluation to judge how successful that training is.
The LMS market is $2.5 billion in the corporate sector alone, and Research & Markets forecasts show e-learning will grow to US$319.167 Billion by 2025.
LMS ensures compliance, is scalable, is easily accessible, aids in delivering ample training, supports progress tracking, and enables unlimited access, all of which influence the overall learning experience.
A well-designed and well-implemented LMS has several inherent advantages, including:
1. Consistency – As an LMS is a centralized training system, it is consistent. While the quality of instructor-led training can vary depending on how well the instructor resonates with students. Employee training delivered through an LMS provides a consistent level of training effectiveness by providing a single source for content, related materials, and instructions.
2. Streamline administration – A learning management system can optimize and lower learning administration time by automating enrollment, record keeping, assignments, course reviews, updates, assessments, certification, polls, course evaluations, reporting, analysis, development, and training cost analysis.
3. Time management – Learning management systems can track training time, providing insight into learning enhancement opportunities.
4. Easy management – You can have comprehensive control over your training courses with an LMS, from course design to employee registration and course attendance reports to learner performance data.
5. Flexibility to update training resources – An efficient learning management system allows a company to adapt employee training based on client feedback.
6. Training feedback – Learning management systems can track employee training satisfaction and knowledge differentials. These metrics reveal chances to alter course material for greater effectiveness.
7. Reporting and tracking – An LMS enable an organization to generate training reports on a whole or an employee basis. An LMS essentially allows the firm to track utilization, training progress, knowledge gains, and ROI.
8. Speed without sacrificing quality – The cloud-based feature of an LMS helps organizations to offer training anytime and wherever they choose. Organizations get spared from the time-consuming effort of organizing training sessions and getting everyone to agree on a given day or time.
9. Growth – Whether you are a tiny local business or a huge international corporation, online learning can satisfy your demands while also scaling to meet your future needs. As your company expands, so will your LMS, which will pay for itself many times over.
Features to look for in an enterprise LMS
LMS helps create a framework for automating and optimizing your training and streamlining operations/processes. It keeps track of employee competency, aids in training new employees, helps save cost, increases ROI, and provides critical training in a timely, accurate and consistent manner, making LMS a necessity rather than a choice.
Be sure to look for these must-have features in your corporate LMS system.
1. Accessibility – A corporate LMS should be available at all times and from any location. This feature allows workers to provide training whenever they want without coordinating time and dates like they would with in-person training. It should be deployable on your servers, private cloud, public cloud, or maintained on enterprise-ready servers. The LMS must also assist in customizing your brand, organizational structure, and processes and integrating with existing apps.
2. Progress tracking – An effective corporate LMS should monitor the learner’s progress and deliver reports and records to managers for review, enabling management to keep track of all the learner development on a single platform and find the potential.
3. Learner and user feedback – A corporate LMS that enables learners and users to provide feedback assists firms in continually improving their training programs to offer more effective and enhanced courses to their employees and trainees.
4. Personalized learning – Personalization is the key to great online training sessions. Instead of “one-size-fits-all,” business learners need online training tools and resources that target their gaps and aspirations.
5. Gamification – Your online training system must be capable of engaging employees and motivating them to perform better. Gamification not only drives them to participate and set their minds on the prize, but it also allows you to monitor their progress.
6. Mobile readiness – An LMS must be mobile-ready to guarantee that learners have constant access to resources and that businesses can educate their employees no matter where they are in the world.
7. Guided tests – Guided tests help automate examinations so that learners may see how they did in auto-corrected exams, which are excellent for self-reflection.
How can Skill Lake be a good choice for your business?
Organizations that embrace Skill Lake can discern the benefits of improved learning and accomplish their tasks in the best way possible with improved knowledge retention. And, finally, creating an employee-centric learning culture helps businesses to gain long-term rewards.
Skill Lake LMS unfolds a wide range of exclusive features for organizations and employees alike.
- Learning accountability by tracking learner progress and competency
- Microlearning by delivering bite-sized content
- Supports synchronous, asynchronous, and blended learning
- Engage learning through gamification
- Learning from anywhere, at any time on user-friendly and secure mobile apps
- Recognize skill gaps and promptly assign relevant training
- Deployable on private servers
Skill Lake meets the criteria for being the top contender for an organization’s overall people development. Skill Lake’s qualities set it apart from the competition as the system enables firms to reap the benefits of well-trained staff at a lower cost than alternative training options. Furthermore, Skill Lake enables organizations worldwide to generate and adapt learning depending on performance metrics and changes in company strategy.
Contact us today to understand how Skill Lake can help alter your organization’s learning culture for good.