Telecom Training Challenges & How To Overcome Them – The Definitive Guide!
Organizations across industries are increasingly transitioning towards technology-assisted eLearning, and the telecommunications industry is no exception. The telecom sector is one of the most crucial industries globally. This industry recognizes the importance of training geographically dispersed staff to meet evolving client expectations. Here’s a quick glimpse of the major challenges faced by L&D in the telecom industry. Understanding them can assist you in developing a training strategy that satisfies the demands of your organization and remains competitive.
Training challenges in the telecommunications industry
Challenge #1: Market Consolidation
Service providers must reposition themselves with the evolving technology. Many telecom companies are doing so through mergers and acquisitions. As a result, larger teams get formed, frequently dispersed across a geographically diversified area. When you integrate additional service providers into your firm, you’ll need to retrain your employees on your products or services.
Challenge #2: Need for Constant Upskilling
The only thing constant in the telecommunications industry is change. Emerging high-tech products and services, including 5G, wearables, smart gadgets, and the pervasiveness of the IoT, put employees’ technical skills to the test. Furthermore, because employees are increasingly operating worldwide, the global nature of the industry may necessitate continuous upgrades in cultural and communication skills. These continual changes entail new processes, rules, tools, and technology.
Challenge #3: High Attrition
The telecommunications industry has a relatively high attrition rate. Since there is a lot of new hiring involved, it is critical to impart detailed induction training for employees.
Challenge #4: Customer Turnover
Customers are continuously looking for solutions as technology and communication trends advance. Constant evolution implies the possibility of client turnover. The problem is providing ongoing training and disseminating it throughout the organization.
Challenge #5: Training dealers
Telecom products are often sold by dealers, who also sell competitor products. Therefore, the dealer staff must get trained in all aspects of the products, including sales and service, to promote the product effectively.
Read more: Setting Training Objectives For a Successful Customer Education
How can an LMS bring a difference to the telecom sector?
The goal of an LMS is to provide adequate training and development to maintain the company’s growth, success, and, eventually, revenue. Therefore, an LMS must be an intelligent and sophisticated solution to meet the organization’s expected goals.
The telecommunication business faces many hurdles as legislation, protocols, and standards keep changing. An efficient LMS can manage the telecommunications training program cost-effectively and comfortably. The goal is to close labor skill gaps and link appropriate learning with specific company goals. A telecom training LMS can help telecom organizations across multiple areas.
- Learning flexibility– An LMS promotes an easy-to-learn approach by enabling training courses at any time, location, and device. Online training gives telecom employees the flexibility to learn in their free time, even across different time zones and geographies.
- Easy content delivery– Deliver training content in different formats such as pdf, videos, games, and powerpoint presentations to make learning more engaging and retain information for a more extended time.
- Cost-efficient– One of the biggest benefits of using an LMS is the low training cost. With telecom employees scattered across different locations, online training sessions can avoid the expenses incurred for travel and infrastructure.
- Scalable training– Traditional training methods face limitations in terms of scalability. An LMS can provide training to as many employees at a time from any place at any time. The standard of the training also remains the same throughout.
- Monitor training courses– LMS can track and monitor all the courses conducted, no.of learners enrolled, and the progress of the learners. Thus, making it streamlined and eliminating the hassles of course administration and allocations.
- Seamlessly update courses– The telecom sector involves a lot of compliance and regulatory changes, which need to be regularly updated to keep employees abreast of the changes. LMS makes it simple and easy to make changes to the training materials without requiring significant changes to the distribution mechanism.
- Multiple learning modes– Just-in-time learning is becoming more popular in the telecom industry, especially among sales staff. LMS can provide interactive learning mechanisms through audio or video to encourage learning at employees’ pace.
Read more: Top Learning Management Systems Money Can Buy In 2022
Top features to look out for in an effective LMS
LMS in the telecom sector will motivate the employees to reach their goals and improve their productivity levels. There are numerous LMSs available in the market today, but make sure to zero down on the LMS with features that can ease and streamline the telecommunication training programs.
1. Competency control and mapping
LMSs today help assess competence levels with custom graded evaluation built around your competency framework. You could set performance goals by taking a holistic view of individual capabilities that suit different job roles and create detailed learning plans comprised of objectives to assist mentors in planning and managing the learning goals of each enrolled learner.
2. Analytics & Reporting
LMSs deliver reports on individual course activity, progress status, performance, and much more. LMS in telecom can present personnel with automatic reports that track their assessment scores, progress status at the end of each training, employee performance metrics, and overall training impact.
3. Gamified learning
LMS telecom platform includes interactive game components such as badges, scores, awards, avatars, and leader boards, among other things. Games encourage maximum team engagement and information retention, making learning more engaging and enjoyable.
4. Learning Delivery
The option of delivering self-paced learning, instructor-led sessions, or a combination of the two provides flexible learning. Moreover, with the changing rules and regulations in the telecom sector, employees can opt for their convenient learning mode for better knowledge retention.
5. Content Authoring
Powerful, lightweight, distraction-free content production tools can be available to develop mashups, assessments, and exams.
6. Seamless Integration
A modern telecom training software system can seamlessly integrate with other systems such as Human Resource Management System (HRMS), Software to Monitor Call, and other software used by the telecom industry for smooth and streamlined functioning.
7. Enterprise IT Readiness
Today, an LMS can be delivered based on your IT specifications – on your servers, in the private cloud, or in the public cloud, customized to your brand, organizational structure, and processes.
Read more: The Essential Guide to Choosing the Best LMS Software for your Organization
How can Skill Lake be the right choice for telecom?
It is vital to combine technological advancements with an efficient customer- and employee-first strategy in telecom training software. Only then can your organization prosper in this competitive climate.
Skill Lake offers you all of the capabilities you’re searching for in a telecom training LMS. Some of the inevitable features in Skill Lake include:
- Competency management and mapping
- Multiple learning modes
- User management tools
- Enterprise IT readiness
- Robust tracking and reporting tools
- Gamified learning
- Social and collaborative learning
- Microlearning approach
- Single repository for training materials
All these features can contribute to effective holistic learning that aligns your L&D efforts with business requirements, resulting in higher learning retention. Experience Skill Lake LMS through a quick demo, and explore our exclusive features built within our LMS platform.
Click here to book a free demo today.
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today
Ashmitha works with Skill Lake as a creative writer. She collaborates with the Digital Marketing team to deliver engaging, informative, and SEO-friendly business collaterals. Being passionate about writing, Ashmitha frequently engages in blogging and creating fiction. Besides writing, Ashmitha indulges in exploring effective content marketing strategies.