Why Corporate E-learning Is the Future of Organizational Training?
A large majority of companies have switched over to e-learning over the past few years, according to the latest research estimates. In fact, the corporate e-learning market is likely to grow from $205 billion to $415 billion by 2028. This has been the emerging trend where the adoption of corporate e-learning is showing a healthy growth rate. This is in line with many of the benefits offered by a corporate LMS when compared to classroom training.
Before we begin – let’s just understand what e-learning is? This is specifically the use of electronic technologies to move away from the traditional classroom approach to training. The training content is delivered over the internet and the whole experience is more engaging than the classroom. In some cases, like a live webinar, learners can directly interact with the instructor in real-time. It is more or less becoming the preferred mode of training for corporations.
Reasons for not Continuing with a Traditional Approach
Earlier, corporations did not have any alternative other than continuing with traditional one-size-fits-all training. However, most learners in a classroom environment found the entire learning experience to be tedious and boring. Moreover, employees found learning to be disengaging going to the extent of creating an aversion to learning altogether. Moreover, the impact of COVID has forced many companies to revisit and switch their training process and shift to alternate learning solutions.
Advantage of Current Learning Platforms
Today’s employees with regular exposure to digital content require a more engaging learning experience to include videos, podcasts, and other forms of online content. Considering the lack of time, most employees prefer learning conveniently with an “anytime-anywhere” approach. Most often from their homes. These are things that cannot be provided in a classroom approach.
Moreover, today’s training platforms can be customized as per organizational & individual needs and the learners have the luxury of going back and repeating a topic that is difficult to understand. Plus, organizations find it easy to update and disseminate content quickly with modern training platforms.
How can employees benefit from corporate e-learning
With e-learning, employees can schedule online courses at any time and anywhere at a comfortable pace. They are not even required to travel to the training site as the courses remain accessible on their mobile devices. Let’s look at other benefits online learning offers:
- Enhanced Knowledge Retention : Consistent delivery of training content allows learners to repeat instructions as and when required. Learners are given the luxury to learn at their own pace making learning more effective. With corporate e-learning on Skill Lake, learners have the privilege to self-evaluate themselves on the knowledge gained through mock-up tests & assignments. Also, learning corporations are geared to give personalized training to employees in line with their individual needs. Such a scenario makes it easier for managers and supervisors to assign training to employees helping them to do their jobs better.
- Learning as per Convenience : One of the biggest drawbacks of a classroom approach is the compulsion to leave work half the way and attend training. By switching over to e-learning with Skill Lake employees can take up training anytime and anywhere as per their convenience. They can do it while commuting, waiting for a bus or flight, or even during weekends. The convenience factor allows today’s workforce to take up learning more wholeheartedly.
- Segmented Courses : Most e-learning curriculums on Skill Lake are designed in such a manner that courses are divided into smaller modules. This allows microlearning among employees where there isn’t the need to sustain the attention for long periods. Even research has suggested that most individuals learn better when exposed to short segments of content than a classroom lecture spanning 1 hour or more.
- Flexible Learning : Employees can adjust the pace of the course and replay segments when needed, unlike classroom training where everyone learns at the same pace. E-learning on Skill Lake is designed in such a manner that it accommodates both fast and slow learners without leaving anyone behind. This allows content managers to treat individual learners based on the individual training needs while complimenting the organizational training needs.
- Study on any Device : Even if the employee has a PC at work and a Mac at their home, it doesn’t prevent them from learning on Skill Lake. All they need is an internet connection and a web browser to take up the course. With increased internet speeds and internet penetration, we shall see a greater number of opportunities to come through with training methods and delivery. Ongoing advances in technology are likely to shape the nature of e-learning like never before.
- Learning with Mobiles on the go : Today, most online courses like Skill Lake are created with a responsive web design that allows people to access online learning on mobiles. This allows learners to access their courses, especially on mobiles. Going forward, we are likely to witness more people spending time on their mobile phones. This trend makes it a perfect fit for courses to be delivered on mobiles enhancing the reach and the engagement of the courses.
- Simplified Learning : Suppose a company has to make its employees understand the working of software to all its employees. Unlike the traditional approach, the entire subject matter can be disseminated as a video to make the entire process engaging instead of compelling users to read a text. The incorporation of rich media in Skill Lake courses heightens the learner engagement towards online courses. Infographics are one of the prime examples where a whole lot of information is conveyed with an image and supporting text.
- Gamification : Taking inspiration from online gaming, Skill Lake has incorporated game thinking and gaming mechanics to engage users and solve problems. This is an educational approach that can motivate employees to learn from video game design. Gamification can maximize engagement by capturing the interest of the users.
Corporate training for employees is no longer the same with the influence of technology. Companies are increasingly adopting e-learning to improve ROI and the value of their invested capital. With classroom training, there are major gaps and these deficits get fulfilled with corporate e-learning. Here companies can offer a personalized learning experience to the learner.
Besides, e-learning makes learning more engaging, interactive, and interesting for the learners. Companies that switch over to e-learning can witness the effects of better learning even in their bottom line. With improved learning and knowledge retention, employees are better equipped to do their jobs in the most ideal manner possible. Ultimately, developing an employee-centric learning culture allows companies to reap rich dividends in the long term.
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today