Driving Organizational Success With Online Employee Training
When it comes to allocating training resources, most organizations stress enhancing the effectiveness of the training. Despite careful resource allocation, many organizations find their training ineffective to reach their objectives. No organization is immune to training issues, similarly as no two firms will confront the same set of roadblocks. The obstacles that any L&D team faces alter as the company’s size and growth accelerate. Regardless, studies have identified characteristics in practically all organizations. These include:
- Information Overload – Generally, the priority for any organization after hiring the right employee is to get them on board. Unfortunately, what they end up doing instead is flooding them with too much material from the start of a training session and expecting their staff to understand it all. Employees may become overwhelmed, disconnected from training, and abandon the organization.
- Lack of Engagement – The significance of employee engagement includes cognitive, emotional, and behavioral engagement. Without these three, poor information retention, passive learning, and a lack of conviction all contribute to challenges.
- Feedback and Support – According to Forbes, employees who believe their opinions are heard perform 4.6 times better. Furthermore, HR leaders feel that regular peer input and frequent check-ins are critical for organizational success.
- Inconsistent training – When a company is multinational or geographically spread, offering continuous training becomes more difficult. Geographic limits, language obstacles, translation issues, and virtual training are pain points to consider.
- Learning ineffectiveness – It is imperative that training takes place successfully. There are numerous topics to cover, and many necessitate specific delivery methods for solid skill development. When organizing any training session, it is critical to ask the correct questions and establish the desired results.
- Costs – As funds get slashed year after year, corporate trainers adapt to accomplish more with less. Total costs not considered will make organizations cut corners affecting the whole L& D.
Online training – How it eases organizational stress
Online employee training saves your organization money and time compared to other methods and does a lot more. If you’re putting together a case for online training, consider the following key advantages for your workforce and organization:
- Flexibility and self-paced learning – Online training courses are available at any time and from any location. The only prerequisite would be access to stable internet.
- Mobility – Earlier online training had hassles of a typical registration procedure, followed by a user log-in page. But now that browsers are compatible on phones, tablets, and laptops, online courses are no longer limited to desktops; and are designed to work on all sorts of devices.
- Accessibility – Employees learn better and quicker when they have access to downloadable online notes, online assistance, online engagement, training materials that support replaying, and assessments/quizzes at any time during the course. It is available 24 hours for an increasingly global and remote workforce. Your workforce may access training whenever there is time and capacity to do so, regardless of where your employees are.
- Access to Updated Content – A major benefit of online training is that it keeps you in sync with the current learners, allowing access to updated information whenever they desire.
- Quick delivery of content – Online training is a method of delivering education quickly. This mode has relatively short delivery cycles as compared to standard classroom teaching methods. The time necessary to study is decreased by 25% to 60% of that in traditional learning.
- Increased consistency – Online training allows mentors to obtain greater coverage when transmitting the message to their target audience, i.e., your workforce, in a consistent manner.
- Ongoing access to resources – Training allows employees to access reference resources such as new product specs or updated specs immediately when they need them.
- Risk-free environment – One of the most significant disadvantages of instructor-led group training is that some employees will resist participating in the class out of fear of failing. Employees can go wrong in a safe setting while using online learning tools.
- Timely feedback – Traditional training methods required the management to devote significant effort in grading tests and responding to employee queries. Employees frequently need to wait for feedback to accomplish their tasks appropriately. With online learning, you can say goodbye to this forever.
Employee training with Skill Lake
The success of your organization following Covid-19, and the development of your organization, is dependent on concerted efforts to reinvent your workplace conditions through people development and training. You will flourish by empowering great leaders and supporting your workforce through training and development as you adapt and reinvent your operational methods.
Skill Lake provides you with:
- Multiple Learning Modes
- Content Authoring Tools
- Library, Learner Dashboard & User Management
- Enterprise IT Readiness
Skill Lake enables organizations to establish an employee-centric learning culture in which learning occurs holistically. The product essentially supports participatory learning across hierarchies where training is not limited to functional skills alone but towards life/soft skills that improve the career prospects of your workforce. Skill Lake makes it easy to deliver self-paced learning, instructor-led programs, or a mix of the two. Our system can help customize your brand, enhance the organizational structure and processes, and interface with existing apps. The system also aids in tracking top and average performers, all of which contribute to improving growth in your organization. With Skill Lake, drive your growth with integrated learning and training.
To know more about Skill Lake and how to get started with it, reach out to our experts.
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today