Why Should You Use a SCORM Compliant Learning Management System for Corporate Training?
Employee training is an essential part of any corporate. With the rise of digital technology, offering employees access to training through online learning management systems, or LMS has become easier and more convenient. These systems give corporate organizations the power to quickly deploy high-quality training, ensure data security, and provide an intuitive user experience. SCORM software is a powerful tool to help you with that.
Did you know: Corporate e-learning is expected to rise by 250% by 2026 – Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Market Growth, Opportunities and Forecast 2024
With the right system, businesses can easily create, publish, and assign eLearning courses. This can help ensure that each employee is receiving the same level of training and that everyone is up to date with the most current information. The right online training management system can help corporate organizations increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Did you know: Compared to traditional learning, corporate e-Learning takes 40% to 60% less time to complete. – Brandon Hall Group’s HCM Outlook 2017 Survey
But to identify the right training management tool or LMS is undeniably tricky and strenuous. That’s where SCORM comes into play. A SCORM-compliant learning management system has been known as the de facto standard of eLearning. However, SCORM LMS can be confusing because of its technical nature. To ensure they recognize its value and use it to its fullest potential, trainers and developers must understand what SCORM LMS is and how it can enhance their learning programs.
This blog will help you understand everything you need about SCORM-compliant LMS and how to leverage it to power your corporate training process.
- Corporate training is important for employee and organizational success.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) help manage and deliver training content.
- SCORM standards ensure e-learning content works across different LMS platforms.
- SCORM-compliant LMS enables engaging and interactive e-learning courses across multiple platforms.
- SCORM-compliant LMS provides analytics to track employee progress and make data-driven decisions.
- SCORM-compliant LMS saves time and money by streamlining the training process and enabling access anytime, anywhere.
- Consider ease of use, customization, security, and customer support when choosing an LMS platform.
- SCORM-compliant LMS is crucial for powering corporate training and achieving training goals.
What You Need To Know To Get Started With SCORM-Compliant Software
To use SCORM, you must first locate a learning management system (LMS) compatible with SCORM. After this is done, you can begin to build SCORM e-learning courses. Here are the basics you need to know:
- What is SCORM LMS, and why is it important for corporate companies?
- How you can combat the challenges related to issues and limitations subjected to SCORM software?
What is SCORM LMS?
SCORM, or Shareable Content Object Reference Model, is the most commonly used eLearning standard. It is a content-agnostic technical framework for eLearning and is designed to help people create, share, and manage digital learning content and learning experiences.
It is designed to help eLearning software work together by creating a common language that allows them to communicate. It also provides a way to track data, like when a student has completed a course or is struggling with a particular concept. With SCORM development tools, developers can write code to ensure their software elements work harmoniously.
Did you know: The corporate e-Learning market could increase by $38.09 billion by 2024. – Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Market Growth, Opportunities and Forecast 2024
Why is SCORM Absolutely Essential?
Corporate training is a rapidly growing industry, worth $44.6 billion and growing each year. As businesses invest more in content creation and course design tools, the complexity of their Learning Management Systems (LMS), knowledge bases, and local storage increases.
This is why SCORM-compliant LMS is essential for managing this complexity. By adhering to SCORM standards, businesses can ensure their corporate training solutions are consistent and reliable across different platforms. SCORM also ensures that all content is secure and user data is tracked and stored accurately. Through SCORM training, businesses can be confident that their corporate training solutions are efficient and effective.
What SCORM Gives You
- Compatibility: SCORM training courses offer students various compatibility options, enabling them to learn through almost any Learning Management System (LMS).
- Save and track: SCORM training courses also provide a convenient way to save and track student progress. This means that students do not have to finish an entire course at once and can work in short bursts, taking a break and resuming their work from the same point at their convenience. This is especially useful in cases where the system fails or the course is temporarily shut down. As a result, SCORM 1.2 compliant learning management system is an ideal choice for tracking student progress.
- Feedback Content: When students complete an e-course, feedback is invaluable for assessing progress. A student, for instance, will be able to see how many points they scored. This type of feedback allows educators to judge student performance and adjust their teaching methods accordingly quickly.
- Structured course: Creating a course using a SCORM 1.2 compliant learning management system can benefit trainers and their learners. A SCORM elearning course allows trainers to structure the course clearly and set rules for moving between its sections. For instance, learners may have to study for a lecture, watch a video, and take the final test.
- Independent modules: SCORM courses are independent modules that can be used in any other LMS course. This means that course content can be quickly and easily reused. In conclusion, SCORM solutions offer trainers many advantages, including the ability to create a clear structure and the convenience of modularity. By using LMS SCORM software, trainers can create effective and efficient courses.
What Are the Usability Concerns with LMSs That Comply With SCORM?
Here is a checklist of questions that you need to ask that can help you mitigate usability issues:
- Despite the fact that all versions of SCORM are supported, which LMS supports which SCORM version better?
- Which level of SCORM RTE (Runtime Environment) does LMS support?
- How long was SCORM software integrated with the LMS?
- What kind of reports are available for SCORM courses?
- Do you have a tool for content updates that allows you to preserve previous statistics?
- How is the content of SCORM-compliant LMS imported?
- Do you have a content version control system?
- How are the reports presented in a SCORM training course?
- How is the user data submitted to the LMS?
- Does the SCORM LMS need the installation of plugins or extensions to function?
- What debugging mechanism do you have in place?
Bottomline: Simplify Your LMS With Skill Lake’s SCORM Complaint Standards
Making an informed choice can be tricky, but it does not have to be intimidating. Asking yourself three simple questions can help you keep track of details and make the right choice:
- Which SCORM version do I plan to use that is relevant to my content?
- Does my authoring tool create SCORM-compliant courses?
- What level of SCORM support will I need from a platform?
Skill Lake provides the perfect solution with support for SCORM versions- SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004. One of its key benefits is an integrated authoring tool, making creating SCORM content easy and uploading it directly to an LMS in just a few clicks. You will also get extended statistic reports to help you make better decisions.
Skill Lake integrations will help you maximize your productivity and reduce complexity when introducing new initiatives. With Skill Lake, you can ensure a smooth transition and an effective learning process. Seeing is believing so why don’t you request a demo and see how it works for you.
Build a culture of continuous learning with Skill Lake’s state-of-the-art people development platform. Give your employees professional training to help them excel in their job roles and propel your business to greater efficiency and success.Start Today